When thinking of e-commerce, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Sales and growth!
With each technological advance, the market’s needs also changes and e-commerce gains more and more importance in our businesses. Managing a successful e-commerce is key to maximizing your sales with Komet, that’s why it’s so important to understand how to properly set it up to get the most out of it.
Many times we don’t exactly manage our e-commerce effectively and can run into some issues but luckily these can be solved easily, so here are some common examples of e-commerce do’s and dont’s to keep in mind when setting up your e-commerce with Komet:
- Don’t set a carrier for your customer shipping process without updating your E-commerce Cut Off general setting. Of course you always want to be known for faster shipping, but you must keep in mind that control over the carrier option your customer has will help make this happen. Without this setting, you may encounter logistic issues when shipping the order.
- Don’t rely on the default open market e-commerce inventory. As you expand your sales channels, you also want to manage the type of inventory your customer will buy. You might be missing out on selling products from your future sales inventory.
- Don’t forget to use the e-commerce marketing tools to maximize your sales. We all know the importance of inventory rotation, so it’s important to deliver the right message at the right time.
- Do set up your E-commerce Cut Off general setting correctly when a carrier is specified within your Customer Day of Service setting. Make sure to select a carrier for each day of the week that applies within your customer account setup, and set properly the E-commerce Cut Off general setting.
- Do customize your e-commerce inventory configurations. Make sure you’re expanding your product offer to your customers, by allowing them to view both your on-hand and future inventory availability by marking off the “Show Future Inventory” e-commerce setting.
- Do take advantage of Komet’s e-commerce Promotions and Messages feature. If you have a new product you want to promote or just a message you want to get across to your customers, Komet gives you this option through our General and Promotional Messages, keeping your customer up to date at the moment of purchase.
These are useful tips Komet has to offer to help boost your e-commerce success, allowing you to take advantage of this marketing evolution! If you want more information on how to manage a successful e-commerce click here!