Information We Collect
To provide our Services, we may collect data by which you may be personally identified. We may also collect information about the devices and equipment you use to access our Services, including usage data.
We collect this information from a variety of sources, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you utilize the Services.
- From our Clients, including in connection with our provision of Services.
- From third parties, including analytics providers.
Information provided by you. If you are a Client, we may collect business or other contact information you provide to set up and manage your account. In addition, we may collect some of your customers’ information to display analytics and trends of your transactions.
If you are a Visitor, we may collect your first and last name and your email address when you interact with us on our Site (such as to complete forms, request a product demonstration, or contact us).
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies. We may collect data regarding your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other automatically collected information. This data may include your IP address, date and time you access our Services and the pages and content you access during your visit, websites that you link to or from, whether you receive or open an email or other communication from us, and the links you click on within those emails. We may also collect information from your mobile device or your computer about how you interact with our Services, including the date of the visit, the time of arrival and length of visit to the Services, the type of device used and the operating system on that device, browser type, a list of files downloaded or pages viewed, your IP address, and any errors encountered. This information helps us address customer support issues, provide you with a personalized experience, prevent fraudulent use of our services, and manage the Services we provide you, including gathering aggregated data about engagement.
Cookies are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. Cookies may also be used to personalize your visit by storing your preferences or displaying content based upon what you have viewed through our Services and other websites. Web beacons or pixel tags connect web pages to web servers and their cookies. We and others may use these and similar technologies on our services and other websites.
Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites when you use our Services. We are not responsible, nor do we control, any personal information once collected by these parties. We do not respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. [However, we provide a cookie management tool that permits you to set cookie and tracking preferences. Please note that these preferences may be limited to the device or computer you used to access our Site when setting such preferences. You can use our cookie manager here.]
Information we collect from third party sources. With respect to our Site, we may collect information from advertisers, affiliates, promotional partners, application providers. These and other third parties provide us information in connection with content, widgets, components, or other tools we offer. These third parties may collect information from these source when you use our websites. The information third parties collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information about your online activities over time. They and we may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content, and for other purposes (such as to better understand our Site’s audience).
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use data we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
- To enable our Clients to implement and utilize our Services.
- To help process payments for our Clients. Payments may be processed utilizing third party payment processors subject to their privacy practices. In particular, Services used by our clients may include: [Indicate payments processor and link to their privacy notices.]
- To personalize our Site for our Clients and Visitors.
- To maintain, analyze, customize, measure, and improve our Services, which includes generating internal reports about the use of our Site.
- To provide customer support.
- To communicate with our customers, including about products updates and offerings that we think they may be interested in.
- For account management, finance, dispute resolution, and reporting purposes.
- To monitor and enforce our legal terms or similar terms.
- To comply with law and satisfy our regulatory compliance obligations.
- For internal business reasons, including internal audits or investigations, company research, and insurance purposes.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited, illicit or illegal activity, and to protect you, ourselves, and others.
- To otherwise operate our business.
- For other purposes permitted by law or to which you consent.
Please note that we may combine the information we gather about you in identifiable form, including information from third parties. We may use this information, for example, to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
How We Secure Information
We are committed to maintaining measures to protect the security of your information. Of course, despite these measures, no network or system is ever entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of networks and systems that we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Information
We may share your information with third parties as permitted or required by law, or as directed or authorized by you. For example, we may disclose your information:
- With service providers and vendors who help with our business operations, including to help provide our Site and Services to you.
- If you interact with our Clients, we may share information as directed by our clients, including to facilitate transactions, purchases or payment processing. (Please contact our clients to understand their privacy practices.)
- Among users of our platform and to exchange data between our Clients and their customers.
- If you are a Visitor on our Site, we may share your information with advertisers and other promotional partners. We may share reports and insights about the way you are interacting with their content.
- With our professional advisors who provide legal, compliance, accounting, banking, consulting or professional services.
- To comply with our legal obligations or to protect our interests, property or legal rights, or those of our customers or third parties.
- With law enforcement, officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar law enforcement request, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of this Privacy Notice or other applicable terms.
- We may share some or all of your information with our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- With companies or other entities in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
- For other legal purposes, such as to enforce our terms and conditions, or to exercise or defend legal claims.
- As permitted by law or with your direction or consent.
[We may disclose aggregated or deidentified information that does not identify any individual without restriction.]
What Choices Do I Have?
Update personal information. If you are a Client, you may update certain information relating to your business or representatives by logging in to your account. You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to correct any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect, or prevent the provision of our Services.
Marketing communications. You may receive marketing communications from Komet Sales. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails, by following the unsubscribe link in each email, or by [●]. Please note that you may continue to receive non-marketing emails from us after you opt-out.
Cookies. You have a number of choices regarding certain cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser’s setting to notify you of cookie placement or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our website may not function properly or at all as a result. [If Komet Sales has any specific cookie or analytic opt out links to offer (restricting third party data use or collection), those can be provided here.]
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the Effective Date at the top of this Privacy Notice. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be effective once they are posted unless otherwise indicated. We may choose to notify you by email to the primary email address specified in our records.
If you have any questions or concern about this privacy notice or the privacy practices at Komet, please contact us by email at [●] or [alternate contact form].
How to Contact Us