Dear Komet Users,
Starting in January we will be adding a new feature that will allow your customers (and by customers we’re only referring to the GOOD customers that you want to give access to this feature) to login to the system, view your inventory and place orders.
Here’s how this will work:
- You will create a user name for your customer which will be linked to the customer’s account in the system.
- The customer will receive an invitation from Komet Sales (on your behalf) with the instructions to login to the site and with the password.
- The customer will login, view the inventory and place any orders.
- You will have the chance to review the customer orders in case you need to make any adjustments or modifications.
Additionally you will have the following options:
- Limit the maximum quantity that is displayed for all items. For example, if you set the max to 20 then the customer will only see 20 boxes for any given item regardless of the amount that you have in the inventory. This will allow you to “disguise” the real number of boxes (say if you have over 100).
- Once an order is placed the invoice will have a prefix of “W” for “web orders”. You will be able to review the orders prior to confirming them for shipment. In case you need to make any changes you can do so from the existing “Add/Edit Order” page.
This is just the beginning since we plan to add additional features once we start getting feedback from you and your customers!