Back to blog home
E-Commerce Is Part of Your Sales Force
Originally published Thursday, Sep 22, 2022
We wanted to share something today regarding our e-commerce products and what we think is the best way to maximize their use. From our experience, the most successful companies selling online are those aligned with their sales team and e-commerce strategy.
So what does this mean? For starters, your sales force must know that the e-commerce channel is not their competitor but their ally. Once salespeople realize this, they can become your ambassadors and help you promote this digital channel to your customers.
As this channel grows, salespeople will realize that they can actually sell more by doing less, as the customer does most of the work since they're processing the transactions online. Salespeople will have more time to manage the accounts instead of processing transactions. They can focus on working hand in hand with their customers to service their needs, get valuable feedback, or plan for the future.
Having a point person in charge of this initiative is also essential. Remember that nobody is responsible when everyone is responsible, so ownership of this process is critical. This person should also work hand in hand with management to establish the goals the company wants to achieve so that these can be tracked and used to adjust the strategy and tactics as needed.
Here are some of the questions that you could ask yourself:
- How much revenue would we like to sell online?
- What percentage of our total revenue should be online?
- How many customers have been invited to purchase online?
- How many customers that have purchased are repeat customers?
- How many customers have never logged in?
- How many customers have logged in but never purchased?
- Does our sales team know how to guide customers to buy online?
- Is our commission structure for the sales team aligned with the objectives we want to achieve in online sales?
- How are we tracking the data so that we can make better-informed decisions?
We have a team of people ready to work with you and your team to help you maximize your online sales. Reach out to our customer support team, and we will connect you with the right person who'll be very happy to help.